American Modular Tooling
Fast parts fixturing, rapid tool development, simplified machining and fast assembly make American Modular Tooling an ideal addition to the worldwide movement to lean, efficient methods of manufacturing. Every element has been designed for maximum efficiency and cross-system adaptability.
- Rapids builds and modifications, resulting in an immediate savings of time and money
- Completely reusable components, unlike welded fixtures.
- Light weight aluminum components resist corrision and are ecologically sound.
- Modular elements, makeing it easy to duplicate, or repeat, designs.
- Fixtures may be assembled away from it site of design.
- Manufactured 100% in the USA
Components are available individually, in kits or as custom fixtures designed and built per your part print.
Benefits of the American Modular Tooling System
Manufacturing and Engineering:
- Facility Usage: 48% Less
- Lead Time: 60% Less
- Tooling Costs: 44% Less
- Tooling Labor: 60% Less
- Tool Design Costs: 50% Less
- Equipment Needs: 70% Less
- Reuseable Material: 70% Reuseable
Manufacturing and Assembly:
- Assembly Labor: 70% Less
- Through-put Increase: 45% More
- Accuracy of Assemblies: 80% Greater
- Periodic Inspection: 50% Less
- Reconfigurable: Endless
- Modularity: Endless
- Rapid Engineering Changes: Endless
- Fewer corrosion problems due to hard coat aluminum
- Lower shipping costs due to lighter weight
- Faster setup at customers facility
- Good ROI on leasing of tool (70% reuseable)
- Can be used as temporary tool to make production schedule
- Less space required for storage
- Minimal maintenance requirements
- Environmentally correct
Material Properties of AMT Components:
|AMT "Construction Grade" Extruded Profiles and Locators
||AMT "Professional Grade" Extruded Profiles and Locators
|AMT Special Duty Extruded Profiles
||AMT Special Duty Cast Products
|AMT Connection Elements
Partial Client List:
Accuride, Allison Engine, Behr Industries, BMW, Boeing, Briggs and Stratton, Chrysler, Dayco Products, Delphi Automotive, General Motors Corporation, General Motors Design Staff, Getrag Gears, Hewlett Packard, Honda, ITT Bell and Gossett, John Deere, Magna International, McDonnell Douglas, Mercedes, Mercury Marine, MP Components,New Holland Canada, Nissan Motors, Pratt Whitney, Rolls-Royce, Siemens and hundreds more.
As you can see by our partial client list, we've proven the value of experience. Craftsmanship, pride and quality are not lost on us. We possess a keen understanding of both standard and unconventional fixture design and fabrication and apply a wealth of knowledge to accomplishing difficult tasks. We will bring new life and enthusiasm to your projects.